Wednesday, November 27, 2013

First Ultrasound

I had my first estrogen level check and ultrasound this morning. I won't hear back from the estrogen unless its high.  The ultrasound looked good; no cysts. She had a little bit of a hard time finding my left ovary, apparently it was hiding!  My lining is thin. She said I probably will have a light period and I need to get that before I start the stimulation  meds on Monday.  Today was the last day of Lupron, I start the Ganirelex tomorrow; that is one that has to be split so that will be a new experience.
I mentioned to the doctor that the Lupron was making me a bit airheaded and she said the dexamethasone will do that too.

So far for side effects from Lupron and Dexamethasone:

  • headache (mild and not constant, could be sinus but have had them briefly every day) 
  • not sleeping well (I think this is the Dexamethasone)
  • forgetfulness/memory issues/feeling like an airhead
  • slightly more emotional (not a lot)
That is about it for now. Hubby is sick, I'm hoping I don't get it.   If my E2 level comes back good and my period starts I will start stims on Monday!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment: