Thursday, June 19, 2014

This month's cycle

When I went in for my last ultrasound he found a cyst, which is basically when a follicle does not collapse after a cycle. They usually continue to grow and can become painful until they are either reabsorbed or in my case usually burst.

When you have a cyst they can't put you on Clomid because the cyst can become dangerously large. So I was instructed to get a blood draw on CD10 (yesterday) to check my estrogen level. It came back at 134. That's about the same level it as last time I had a cyst.  I had some sharp pains yesterday and figured the cyst had burst. He had me come in for an ultrasound today and confirmed that there was free fluid, indicating the cyst had burst.

I have 3 follicles now, 2 on the right and one of the left.  We will not be doing Clomid this cycle because of it being so late in the cycle. We might be able to do an IUI anyway though, depending on if the follicles mature properly.  I go back on Monday morning for another ultrasound.

Oh and there were 3 people in the room today staring at my crotch during my ultrasound. Doctor, intern and nurse. It's a good thing I'm not modest.

1 comment:

  1. Some physicians will encourage you to get a second medical opinion. This can either happen because the doctor you’re getting treated from now isn’t familiar with the advanced treating infertility or isn’t capable of adopting the problem. Get a second opinion on IVF treatment from Vanya Health now!

    ReplyDelete