Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Cancelled

This cycle is canceled; I did not make enough eggs.  Here are my actual follicle numbers from Monday and today.  Based on size and growth I would have only had one, two tops to get big enough before I had to trigger.   They want the follicles to be bigger than 20mm  to trigger and they grow at an average of 2mm a day though mine were growing slower than that. 


So logistics, I stop all meds today except the steroids which I taper off over a period of forever (aka a month).  My RE is going to review my chart and response and decide on what approach we want to take next cycle. Next cycle will either be in January or February, some of that depends on my body, when I get my period and what approach is decided on.  

In terms of money, we will be out what I spent on the meds I used this time which is around $3,000. The rest of the funds will roll over to the next cycle (need to confirm all of this with the clinic). 

So I'm really bummed right now, feeling very down and irritated. Its been a bad year all around so maybe a clean start in the new year will be better. 

I'll post again when I know more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment