Monday, December 9, 2013

Follicle Check

I had my blood drawn to check my estrogen level this morning and an ultrasound to check my follicles.  The lab lady had to stick me twice to get blood.

The ultrasound showed 6 follicles total. 1 at 15mm, 1 at 11mm and 4 (2 on each side) at less than 10mm. That is not as many as I was hoping to have today.  I stay on the same medication protocol until Wednesday and go back in for another check. The doctor said my egg retrieval will likely be on Saturday or Sunday.
She said that follicles grow an average of 2mm per day, so I'm hoping some of the smaller ones can catch up!

My left ovary was hiding again and my bladder was too full ,not a requirement I just didn't go pee, I'll have to remember to do that on Wednesday.

I've been having leg cramps, the doctor said that could be from the medications.  Otherwise symptoms are about the same.

I have these worries in my mind that I had more follicles since I has having quite a bit of pain on Saturday and they matured and ovulated early. I know the doctors know what they are doing with this but these are the kinds of things that go through my head.

Anyway, for your amusement a picture of the exam room this morning while I was waiting on the doctor to come in.



3 comments:

  1. I think I just noticed that the oranges are probably eggs.
    I'm thinking about you, girlfriend. Just relax - you're doing everything you can. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea they always tell me to pee when i get a follie check... which cracks me up because when you go to get an u/s when your pregnant they want a full bladder. if you can check my EGGS on an empty bladder. how can you not see a baby on a full one... smh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla- <3
    Jen- I know! I'll go pee a couple times in the morning before my scan, hopefully that will help.

    ReplyDelete