Thursday, December 5, 2013

Started Menopur

So I'm on day 4 of stims. I added the Menopur last night. It now takes me a solid 20 minutes to do my evening shots; from getting everything out of the fridge, prepping, mixing, shooting and putting everything away.  I'll run down side effects so far below, but lets just say I'm glad I take the Follistim at night and can go to bed right after.  I "nicked" something when I did my Ganirlex this morning. After I did the shot there was blood in the syringe and dark blood coming out of the injection site. I emailed my nurse and she said while the fatty areas are not usually vascular that I probably "nicked something" and to avoid that area in the future.

So for the Menopur, I think I did something wrong, the vials seem to be pressurized and its hard to get the mixed fluid out, I'll re-watch the video again to see if I can figure out what I did. I got it mixed but it look a long time to get it out and get the air out.

Meds I am on now:
Dexamethasone: .75mg once daily AM
Ganirelex: 125units once daily AM
Follistim: 375 units once daily PM
Menopur: half vial once daily PM
Folic Acid: 1mg once daily PM


Symptoms

Headache: pretty constant now, it gets worse as the day progresses
Dizziness/Lightheaded: Right after Follistim (10 minutes after) it is really bad and I have to lie down or fall down, some episodes throughout the day otherwise
Forgetfulness: milder now than when I was on the Lupron but I still do not feel fully myself
Tiredness/Fatigue: mild, I mostly attribute this to poor sleep
Hot/Cold Flashes: starts within 10 minutes of Follistim injection, lasts throughout the night
Cramps: the equivalent of mild menstrual cramps off and on
Emotional: some increase in emotions (see note)
Hunger: starving all of the time

Note on emotional state: I thought that I was not experiencing any emotional side effects until I had to deal with a small family crisis yesterday and fell apart. This is unlike me so I blame it on the drugs.


1 comment: