Friday, January 24, 2014

milestone

My  husband gave me my injection this morning, that was a big milestone as he'd never done one before.  He will have to start giving me the intramuscular estrogen shots next week so we are trying to prepare him. Though he pointed out that there is a big difference between an insulin needle and a 1.5 inch intramuscular needle.  I'll try to take a picture of them side by side for comparison.   Here is an image from another site. The bottom one is the size needle for most of my injections, the subcutaneous ones, the middle one is the one we'll be using for intramuscular.



So second time through the meds I'm more easily able to distinguish between side effects and normal craziness and the fact is the Lupron makes me lose my mind; it makes me ADD and very forgetful.

No comments:

Post a Comment