Saturday, January 4, 2014

Waiting

Its been 23 days since I stopped meds and I am still waiting on my period to start. I'm going to call the nurse on Monday if it hasn't started by then. I don't want this to delay our next cycle.

As for the next cycle the official "cycle date" is February 17th; I start a new round of meds on January 22nd.

They are changing things up just a little bit for this cycle. Last cycle I was on a conversion protocol (A/ACP), this cycle I will be doing an estrogen priming conversion protocol ( A/ACEP).  

I will start on birth control pill as soon as my period starts.
Dexamethasone starts on 1/22 as does Lupron
I am Lupron 10 units for 5 days then lower to 5 units for 3 days
Last BCP will be on 1/26
1/30 I will have my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork
I start Ganirelex 125mcg on 1/31 and am on that throughout the cycle (longer than last time)
I start Estrogen intramuscular injections every 4 days on 1/31
I add Estrogen suppositories on 2/9
I start Follistim 600units on 2/10 for 2 days then lower to 375 units
I also add Folic Acid on 2/10
Menopur starts on 2/12 with half vial daily throughout the rest of the cycle
On 2/17 I have my first follicle check ultrasound and check E2 levels, I also start antibiotics that day
IF things go according to plan then  I would have my egg retrieval around 2/22

My husband will have to give me the estrogen injections, he is NOT looking forward to that at all!

Oh, and I'm STILL tapering off the dexamethasone from the first cycle. It down to 1 every 4 days now, only one more left!

I'm also planning on starting a high protein low carb diet next week, I'm taking CoQ10 for about the past 2 months.



2 comments:

  1. i find this whole thing fascinating. using the follistim while doing my iui i would already o 17 days in. i wonder how that works? plumps up the follies slow and steady? how do they stimulate but do it quick with iui and slower with ivf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah.. wait... reading is fundamental. you will only be doing the follistim for 7 days by the 17th. oops =)

    ReplyDelete