Friday, January 31, 2014

Ovarian Cyst Aspiration

I'm home from having the cyst on my left ovary aspirated.  It was highly unpleasant but not horrible, it was on of those things that was bearable because it only lasted a minute. So here are the gritty details. They clean off your cervix then put a shot of Novocaine in your vaginal wall, next they insert the ultrasound probe and the needle catheter.  The needle then goes through the vaginal wall into the ovary and they suck out the fluid and remove the needle (assuming there is only one, I had 2 but she got them both). Then they hold pressure on the spot where the needle went in for a few moments to stop the bleeding.  That's it, you are done. Its hard to describe what it feels like, the Novocaine shot feels like any other Novocaine shots, just in your hooha instead of your mouth. The needle hurts, its a deep pain and then you start what feels like a continuous hard cramp that lasts until they take it out. I've been cramping ever since, which they said I would and have been bleeding some, which they also said I would. They gave me a prescription for antibiotics as a safety measure.

I go get followup blood work tomorrow to make sure my E2 level is dropping, I have to get that done before 9am.  They will then call and tell me what to do about meds, I was supposed to start the E2V shots tonight but have to wait now. They said my calender will probably just be pushed for a few days.  I need to get my period before I start the stimulation medications and the cyst producing estrogen was preventing that so hopefully that starts soon.

 The doctor said that I have a good number of follicles on both sides which is a good indicator of response at this point, I hope she is right.

I'll update once I hear from them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment