Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 3 Report

So the day 3 report was not as good as we were hoping for but not as bad as we were dreading.

We have:
2 grade 2's one is 6 cell and 1 is 8 cell
1 grade 3 with 3 cells

Grading Key:
Grade 1- No cell fragmentation
Grade 2- Some cell fragmentation
Grade 3- A lot of cell fragmentation

The nurse said there is very little difference in pregnancy rates between grade 1's and 2's.  

Based on this we have decided proceed with Plan B which is to do a fresh transfer on day 5 (Thursday) of the two grade 1 embryos. They will call me on Thursday morning and let me know how the little ones are doing, if they are slow to grow then we could be pushed to a day 6 transfer (Friday).  If we do it on Thursday my transfer time is at 12:30pm. 

I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed at the moment.  

Oh, and I've nicknamed our two grade 2's Will and Hester and our grade 3 is Chester.   The names are from the children's book McBroom's Ghost which I loved as a kid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment