Friday, February 21, 2014

Egg Retrieval Eve

I've been a big ball of crazy all day.  I woke up at 5am thinking about my left ovary.  My left ovary hides behind my uterus and the doctor who does my ultrasound monitoring throughout the cycle always has to hunt around to find it, but she is good at doing so. She is not the doctor that will be doing my egg retrieval though,  I like my doctor and trust my doctor but this is where my anxiety has focused. I worry that he won't be able to see the left ovary well enough to get the eggs out and that is half of the follicles we have for this cycle in there! I made sure that I'll be able to talk to him before I go under tomorrow and will express my concerns to him.  One of the reasons I like him so much is that he does not discount my concerns or fears, he talks me through them and reassures me with facts.  

Other worries include but are not limited to:  fertilization rate using our frozen vials,egg maturity, premature ovulation from the HCG, attrition rate, genetic issues, freezing issues, thawing issues... the list goes on, I won't bore you. Just suffice it to say that my name is obsession and my internet history is filled with too many searches to count on most of these subjects.

I'm hydrating now since I can't have anything to eat or drink after midnight until after the surgery.    My husband will be giving a fresh sample tomorrow too in in hopes that the changes he's made to meds and diet over the past 3 months will have made a difference in his count.

I had a nap when I got home but I'm still sleepy. As soon as my favorite stretchy pants I want to wear tomorrow come out of the dryer I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment