Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fertilization Report

I got the call from the clinic this morning while I was in the shower, I figured that is what would happen so I'd taken my phone in with me. So I jump out and take the call dripping and naked.

Of the 9 eggs they retrieved 7 were mature and 4 fertilized, one is still questionable and may still fertilize.   There was more details about the 4 that fertilized but they went over my head. I've emailed my nurse to ask if they used the fresh sperm or the frozen vials because I forgot to ask on the phone and asked for the details of the fertilization report too.

I'm still incredibly sore this morning, I have to move slowly but the pain is not as bad as yesterday. I'm still bleeding a little but less than yesterday. The nurse said I could take ibuprofen.

Update:
Found out that they were able to use sperm from the fresh samples, that is HUGE news for us!  18 months ago hubby was diagnosed as azoospermic (zero sperm) so to be able to use fresh sperm for IVF was something we didn't think could happen.

Here is the actual fertilization report from the clinic. m2 indicates a mature egg, "gv" or germinal vesicle indicates immature egg, "2pn" is 2 polar nuclei and indicates normal fertilization, "nef" is non efficient fertilization.

Also it appears from reading the report that we have 2 that are on the fence, not one. So let's hope those little buggers decide to get with the game!  Maybe I should name them to encourage them?




No comments:

Post a Comment