Saturday, February 22, 2014

Update and PIO Shots

Just wanted to post an update; I've spent the day in bed, that's really all I've felt like doing. I took some advice from other ladies and started using the heating pad after lunch and that helped a lot.  I've played around online, watched some tv, read, slept. The pain has lessened a lot as has the bleeding.   Bending and jarring still hurt so I haven't moved much other than to go to the bathroom and walk to the kitchen. Probably won't do much tomorrow either.

I enjoyed one day without a shot, tonight we start the Progesterone in Oil (PIO shots). Now we're in a little bit of a unique situation because we still have not yet decided if we are doing a staggered or fresh cycle. We are going to wait until our day 3 report (Tuesday) to decide based on our embryos.  So in case we decide to do a fresh cycle (transfer embryos next week) we have to take the medicines. Progesterone supports the utereus and fetal development so I will take 50mg per day in an intramuscular injection until either we decide to do the staggered cycle or until 12 weeks of pregnancy.   This is a shot that goes in my butt so hubby does this one.  He's been doing the E2V shots so he's not as freaked out as he was when he first did a shot for me.   

I'm trying not to think too much about the fertilization report but I do hope the call comes early in the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment