Monday, February 10, 2014

Stims started and lessons learned

I started Follistim tonight so its now officially stim time again!

Last night I started the second part of the estrogen. This one is a vaginal suppository, what fun!  You get an applicator to insert it but since they have to be kept refrigerated it still feels odd. And as I found out the hard way they make you leaky! Which leads me to some lessons learned so far.

1. Panty liners- just go ahead and wear them as soon as you start to cycle. All the meds affect bodily fluids.

2.Reminders- some/all of these meds destroy short term memory. I have turned into a goldfish.  alarm clock+on my phone is my new favorite app. I have separate alarms for each med that won't stop going off until I dismiss it. I have notes EVERYWHERE! 

3. Falling pills- you are probably going to do your meds in the bathroom and chances are something is going to fall in the sink. Place a paper towel or clean hand towel in the sink before doing meds.
4.Organization-  see previous post for more on how I do this but with the memory issues keeping track of up to 7 meds a day can be a challenge. 

5.  Aim- clean a bigger area with alcohol than you think you need.  I have big boobs and can't see my belly. Its hard to aim in the mirror so give yourself a bigger area to work with.

6. Cold- cold meds burn more. Cold oil based meds burn a lot more. Even a couple minutes out of the fridge makes a difference.

That's all I remember for now. I'll try to add to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment